Friday, December 18

23

For some reason I keep thinking I'm coming home to Singapore soon! Then I realise that I haven't even been here a third of the time I'm supposed to! I think most of it is because we always leave from here after Christmas and before New Year.. This time we'll be staying several days after 2010 has begun! What's kinda strange is that I'm more excited for New Year than Christmas!!! I can't wait to light our own fireworks and get all smoke-smelling (okay, maybe not :/) and not being able to sleep through the night because of all the POP BANG BOOM sounds outside!!!

Christmas shopping for the past 2 days. More for myself though, so I guess it's not called Christmas shopping. But the hustle and bustle is definitely there! The malls are crazy full.. Sometimes I wish for human traffic lights, too! Ugh, but knowing the people here they won't be followed.. :P I spent all my Pesos yesterday so had to change some Singapore dollars (with my mother) so I could buy more stuff. Money disappears FAST.

I'm suddenly overcome with the need to lie down on a bed and sleep... Tired from walking. And COMMUTING! :P I still remember the day I learnt what the word meant. It was kinda embarrassing!! Anyway, its not as hard as it seems I guess. To take the Jeep! Just the fear of something bad happening like dropping something or someone stealing something or meeting an accident or getting held up or missing our stop. Thankfully (and unthankfully) there are no bus stops. So you just have to shout "PARA" (meaning stop) forthe driver to pull over and let you down. Oh... Shudder! I just remembered the story of my mum's friend who just alighted from a bus, slipped, and got run over! Oh gosh... No more sad stories! I woke up super happy today!!! :D I vote more mornings like that!

Okay, DMII is showing :P Gonna update more tomorrow, or when I find the time. Daniel's here and my Bro and Dad are coming tomorrow night! YAY!

No comments: