I have a headache. Been having one since the 12-hour plane ride from Beijing to LA.. Which, by far, is the worst plane ride I have ever had in my 19+ years of existence. :( I couldn't sleep even though I was soooooooo sleepy! And I was so restless and miserable for millions of seconds that couldn't pass too slowly. I kept longing for my bed back home! I probably should sleep soon, but I'm waiting for 7.30am (Singapore time!)
Time difference between here and there is 15 hours! So, right now it's 2.30pm while in Singapore its 5.30! This morning when I woke up and checked my watch, it read 11! Since its analog, I didn't know whether it was AM/PM nor did I know what day it was. At first I thought it was 11AM in LA, but then I remembered it was Singapore time then I though 11AM in Singapore?! That means I'd have slept 18 hours :P So I finally realised it was 11PM Singapore time, and 8AM local time! That took about 5 minutes of my time (Haha), including waking up and blinking several times after seeing Taylor Lautner's picture on the wall next to me.
It was a really beautiful morning! The weather was just as I remembered. The sun was bright and slightly hot on the skin but the breeze was light and cool! After breakfast and a glass of orange juice (my favourite! :D) we left to walk the dog, Teddy! If you've known me for more than 5 years and read my blog posts from the last time I was here, you'd know we have a pretty bad history with walking the dog. We almost got him run over once, and attacked by 2 large dogs another. Today I thought we wouldn't have any problems but a few blocks down from the house his head slipped out of the leash. And whaddaya know, a huge dog comes along! Thankfully not in our direction though, but clearly in sight and in teddy's smelling radius (in my opinion). Teddy's age (56) has probably caught up with him and he didn't make a run for it! We were able to put his leash back on (this time tighter) before he got anywhere far. (: It was still scary though. Poor teddy probably doesn't know how fun-sized he is! He likes to bark at big dogs.. Who, unfortunately, never pick with other dogs their own size! :( Dogs these days....
Anyway, since we touched down the weather has been surprisingly cold! Except now its pretty hot too. Of course not as bad as Singapore, nor humid. (: The first thing I noticed was, once again, all the vast space that's so hard to be found in Singapore. You don't need to look 80 degrees up in order to see a clear, uninterrupted view of the sky! It was kind of refreshing that everything's.. well, short! Hahaha. Another thing I noticed were the billboards. A McDonadl's one had a stack of hotcakes on one side, and words that read: "our hotcakes are selling like....." on the other. (:
The fact that I'm here seems a little surreal. I love Tito Bobby's house and the smell, comfy beds, the AWESOME backyard, etc. For some reason it all feels like I'm here but not here, like soon I'll just wake up from a dream. I guess it's still sinking in!
Time for a little nap! Hopefully my headache disappears when I wake up (: Pictures next time! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment