Post-exam activities week 1 have been so much fun, to say the least. After biz law paper on Monday was sushi and oreo in the park, subs for dinner, and a well-deserved(?) gelare waffle! :D
That exams had really ended only set in on Tuesday morning though, when I woke up without panic (for the urgency to jump out of bed an open a book) or anxiety (over my cheat sheet, that i've brought everything for open book exams, for catching the lrt or bus, for getting the exam timing/venue/seat number right, etc.)
Anyway, back to Tuesday! It was the beginning of The Annual Masses Sleepover (later known as Life Skills Camp!) The first thing I had to do was to clear my room, to get rid of its "exam-friendliness" (say goodbye to my costly textbooks and let them start collecting dust in a corner, stow away post it notes) and make way for FUN!!! :D Genevieve (later known as Qen {pronounced 'kwen'}) arrived to dump her heavy camping gear and then we left for East Coast Park! Met Huilin the Mega Packer on the way there, who brought "HAPP" cupcakes in a jolly pink container! (: The hunt for Koi Bubble Tea in Marine Parade was easier than anticipated, we didn't need to follow the "trail of bubbles". HAHAHA. I tried the ice cream drink this time, but it melted fast and tasted plainly like the vanilla-flavoured one. Still good though, but I've tasted better. Poor Qen! It was her first try... LOL.
East Coast Park was empty and breezy! We actually developed a wet weather plan during our precious planning (supposed to be studying) hours during the exam period, but thankfully there was no need to play that out. (: Ate our tuna sandwiches and cupcakes and then rented our bikes! The girl gave me the fun-sized bike though I could totally use the same ones she gave my other two tall friends. Totally Contrast Effects (another MNO concept). Heehee. Huilin was actually a rather fast learner if not weird. When we left her alone and came back, she could totally manoeuvre the bike already! She just wanted us to leave.. She finally got the hang of it but some fisherman dude caught her eye and made her go off balance.... :( LOL. Then we discovered they don't sell first aid kits in ECP, but the bike rental shop dresses and cleans your wounds for you! I bet it's just means to exclude liability and prevent people from suing. ;) haha \m/
The rest of the day was pretty boring, but by nightfall we began a 1000 piece puzzle which we sort of regret later. Because of 'sunk cost bias' where we'd spent so much time doing it that abandoning it halfway would just be a total waste of time. So we pushed on despite it being mentally challenging to the point that we "felt autistic", quote Gen. Sooo.. We did that all the way til about 4, got hungry, and ordered 4 Breakfast Deluxes from McDonald's and feasted while watching Glee episodes. Finally went to sleep by about 9 AM!
***
Okay I'm lazy to continue updating on the sleepover an I want to revive my blog ASAP so I'm just publishing it! And I need to change my blogskin soon too! Let me just end off by saying: I LOVE HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment