Tuesday, June 15

On the road

There's so much to update about! Lemme start by saying that I'm currently in Chicago, after flying here from LA, driving to Indiana and spending the weekend there and now we're back. Staying with a family friend so we're in another beautiful (large) home! Today, our plans got disrupted and we ended up in the Field Museum in downtown Chicago as well as Millennium Park where we saw the Bean!!! :D I really wanted to see it since a long time ago.. And we did! :) The weather was chilly (windy!) and I was wearing shorts! It was okay, though. Anyway, we got into the museum for freeeee. It was free admission today (lucky us!) though we were expected to pay $25 each!

We had Chinese food for dinner and I didn't realise how much I missed eating rice until later! We've really been eating A LOT of western food lately. Almost every day, in fact. Packing on the pounds and my face is getting visually fat. :( Maybe the rest of my body too but I don't really know... Exercise a little today out in the street (culdesac!) and shoot some hoops too. Speaking of basketball.... Been really getting into the NBA Finals and having Lakers Fever! :D Boston's leading 3-2 but all's good because the last 2 games will be held in LA!!! :) I smell victory!

I'm reading the book "The Last Song" now by Nicholas Sparks, lent by my cousin for the roadtrips, etc. Haven't read much lately because in the car I just fall asleep (I've been lacking sleep)/watch the sights go by through the car window. So far the book's been okay, I've laughed a couple times to myself (like how they say LQTM {laugh quietly to myself} is the new LOL) and I've yet to figure out why the movie was so bad (or so they say). Maybe it was just really different from the book.

The time difference with Singapore is really still confusing me. (Even after almost 2 weeks.) Its a little better now that it's only 12/13 hours time difference but now I get the DAYS mixed up. Most of the time my head is in Singapore so I think its Tuesday today when its still Monday. Oooh well. Its not harmful or anything, anyway... Sometimes I just wish there was no time difference though. So I could be sleeping when Singapore is and awake when they are! It's almost exactly opposite though! There goes my sleeping in/sleeping early.. Not that I'm complaining, because its always worth it! :)

(edit) Haha, look what I just found on tumblr!

No comments: