IN THE MISTS OF TIME
by Marisa Montes
Like ghosts, true love is talked about;
but only few have little doubt
that either one on Earth exists.
So I am blessed: For in the mists
of time, I have found you.
Mere words cannot express the joy
that even time cannot destroy:
the depth, the passion that I feel.
Yet earthly death has dared to steal
your body from my soul.
I cannot rest; life's lost it's thrill.
I need you back--I'll fight, I'll kill!
I'll batlle death; I'll travel time,
for mere existence is a crime.
Dear God, please, take me, too!
The past dissolves into the now.
I take the chance. WIll fate allow
the two of us to meet again?
But oh, if so--no matter when--
your love, I shall extol!
Past life and death, I shall transcend
to search for you till heaven's end:
At first, he's someone I don't know--
Until, within his eyes...that glow...
I recognize--He's you!
No comments:
Post a Comment