Every night before Monica went to bed she gazed out the window and watched the moon. One day, Monica thought to herself, "I wish I could play with the moon." She reached and reached for it. No matter how far or high she reached Monica still could not touch the moon.
Then, Monica said to her father, "Papa, please get the moon for me."
Papa got a very long ladder and carred it to a very high mountain. He put the very long ladder on top of the very high mountain. Up and up and up he climbed.
When Papa finally got to the moon he explained to the moon that his daughter, Monica, wanted to play with him, but he was much too big. Then the moon said, "Every night I get a little smaller, and when I am the right size you can take me with you." The moon got smaller and smaller and smaller.
Finally, when the moon was just the right size, Papa took it. Papa gave the moon to Monica and she played and played and played. The moon kept getting smaller and smaller, and finally it disappeared altogether. Then one night, Monica saw a thin sliver of the moon reappear. Each night the moon grew and grew and grew.
If you could have anything in the world what would it be and how would you get it?
No comments:
Post a Comment